Monday, April 7, 2014

the london diaries. perfect timing.

  Rapeseed field in full bloom.

It is not lost on me that I happen to be in England at a very lovely time of year.  At the beginning of a Frommers travel guide you can read some opinions about the best time of year to visit a country.  This trip came upon me so fast that I did not have time to investigate what Frommers had to say about it... but I would say that it is perfect timing.

The daffodils has been at their peak of blooming, and there are a lot of them to enjoy.   In southern England where I ventured over the weekend, it wasn't uncommon to see whole sections of yards & fields covered in them.

Not only were the daffodils in bloom, but the rapeseed fields were in full bloom.  When we made the drive to Bampton, I quickly lost count of the bright yellow fields that covered the countryside.  I was told that in America we were not fond of the word "rapeseed" so we call it canola instead.  The end market product from these glowing fields is CANOLA OIL.

No comments:

Post a Comment