Tuesday, June 21, 2011

push-ups.

One of the best exercises you can do is good old-fashioned push-ups. About a year ago I took a challenge to "one new activity or change to your daily schedule". I decided to do 40 push-ups every day. At first it seemed like such a big deal and then I realized it takes all of 90 seconds to complete the task. I could hardly complain. (If Mother Rabbit remembers correctly, this is also the length of time is takes to make a bed.)


I remember hearing that the fastest muscles to tone are your arms, and have heard that actresses do push-ups before wearing their Academy Awards gowns



I have also heard my Marine husband say that push-ups and sit-ups are two of the most complete exercises and that you don't need a whole bunch of fancy ones.

I recently heard my massage therapist recommending push-ups to a client to strengthen her core and her back.


I have learned in my workout class that push-ups and planks strengthen your abs.


So Mother Rabbit encourages a push-up regimen. Start small and build up. Form is everything. Arms shoulder distance apart. Head straight. Abs in tight. Try it everyday for a month. Start with 20 per day. (And let's not do sissy girl-push-ups.) You can do it.

1 comment:

  1. This is just what I needed to hear.
    I'm taking the challenge, too!
    Thanks, B

    ReplyDelete