Sunday, November 27, 2011

send a photo.



When I get a Christmas card without a photo or handwritten message - or at least a newsy letter, I almost throw it over my shoulder instead of putting it in the card basket.  I think to myself  'why did someone spend the postage on this?'

Mother Rabbit says: Send a photo(s) in your holiday greetings.

Holiday Photo Cards have been a tradition my whole life. My mother sent a photo card of my sisters and me every year.  We were usually wearing matching outfits.  I grew up thinking that Christmas cards were photo cards.  I have an album of all these cards and it is one of my greatest treasures.

I also believe that the parents should get in the photos.  While I think it is cool to see photos of my friends' children, what I really want to see is my friends.  Get in the photos.

My favorite Christmas card to date was in 2008 when our children and two sons-in-law could actually spell out M-E-R-R-Y  C-H-R-I-S-T-M-A-S!  This year I have been designing cards for other families - and having a blast.  Photo cards are a good investment of time and money.  Tis the season to be planning and sending your holiday greetings!

No comments:

Post a Comment