Monday, March 14, 2011

turn off your flash.


I could talk for days about the things you will discover with this tip from Mother Rabbit. Learn how to turn off the flash on your camera and learn the use natural light instead.

Professional photographer Nick Kelsh said this:

"A flash is harsh and mood changing. The light comes straight from the lens. Most good photographers choose to have the light come from the side of the lens for dramatic effect. Using the flash all the time makes you an amateur snapshooter. If you ever want to mature photographically, you are going to have to turn that darn thing off. And know when to turn it back on."

1 comment:

  1. Hi Karen,
    Greetings from MG! I have been doing this with my pics of Owen for the past few months with great results. Sometimes it is hard to catch the action, but the photos look so much better. I was wondering if you could check out my comment on your "on hold challenge post" and let me know you photo editing and organizaiton secrets! All the best to you!
    Mary Grace

    ReplyDelete