Tuesday, April 2, 2013

easter reflections.


There might be some who felt sad that our family had to spend Easter in Room 509 at Children's Hospital... but I wanted to report that upon reflection, we agreed that this was a rich and very meaningful Easter for us.  It was easy to remember that JESUS DIED AND ROSE AGAIN and that it changes absolutely everything. It was easy to remember that BECAUSE HE LIVES, prayers can be prayed and prayers work.  BECAUSE HE LIVES, all of life has purpose and meaning.

Some Easters in the past I would be frustrated when I fell into bed exhausted at the end of the day because I had not taken time to reflect on the TRUE meaning of the season... yes, I had made homemade rolls and yummy casseroles, arranged colorful Easter baskets and orchestrated a fabulous egg hunt... but the REAL Easter didn't always get pondered.  

Not this year.  The words to the classic old hymn nearly rang in our ears as we felt God's goodness, timing and presence... "I serve a risen Savior, He's in the world today... I know that He is living whatever men may say... I see His hand of mercy, I hear His voice of cheer, and just the time I need Him, He's always near...

HE LIVES, HE LIVES. Christ Jesus lives today!
He walks with me and talks with me along life's narrow way.
HE LIVES, HE LIVES. Salvation to impart.
You ask me how I know He lives?
HE LIVES within my heart.


There were times I thought this hymn was kind of cheesy.  I don't now.  It is ringing in my soul.




Thanks to Wyn Wiley who sent this photo from Charlotte's six month photo shoot to cheer us on Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment