Friday, June 29, 2012

my daddy.


Two years ago on June 30th we put my daddy in the hospital for the last time.  Instead of coming home, he went Home on July 2, 2010.  I adored my dad and he continues to live large in my life.  I tell myself I want to learn all the things my daddy taught me and strive to be more like him.  This will keep me busy until I meet up with him in eternity again one day.

I keep this photo of my daddy on my desk.  When I made this photo panel, and put things I always heard him say in each corner.  Now when I look at it, it calms me and guides me.

Thy Will Be Done.


Keep It Simple.


First Things First.


One Day at a Time.

At this particular juncture of my life we are moving, anticipating a new baby and having a wedding - all within the next 7 weeks.  Believe me, I need my dad's counsel right now and am thankful he is still helping me.

http://www.bandbvideo.com/Jerry
If you would like, please enjoy this 10 minute video dad made for us just weeks before he went Home. He was truly one of a kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment