Thursday, February 16, 2012

my luggage scale.


One of the smartest little tools I ever purchased was a luggage scale.  I am not a "pack light" kind of girl.  I like to have the things I need and enjoy with me when I travel... so I have a wonderfully large suitcase. 

Tip #1:  Ideally, and whenever possible, I fly Southwest so I do not pay any luggage fees.

Tip #2: Whenever I fly (paying for luggage or not) I get my money's worth by taking the entire 50 lbs - without going over and paying the extra fees.  This is where the luggage scale comes in!  If by some fluke I still have some extra needed weight to hit the 50 (or 49.5) mark, I add a bottle of wine (wrapped in bubble wrap and plastic) or bottled water - both items that save $ on the other end.

Tip #3: I only buy luggage from LLBean because they stand behind their products.  I have had numerous pieces replaced, and that gets my vote.

No comments:

Post a Comment