Thursday, February 16, 2012

out with the old, in with the new.

Have you located your favorite place to "recycle" items in your home and closet?  I just dropped off three bags of what has become not useful or beautiful to me anymore at my favorite spot.  The point is that the adage "one man's junk is another man's treasure" has much truth to it.   I can feel great clearly out stuff that has lost its value to me while thinking that someone out there in the world might really love to have it.  What a win-win situation.  And isn't it a huge treat when dresser drawers are not crammed full, and drawers look less hectic? 

I am also motivated to regularly clear out "stuff" because I put the money I get back in an envelope labeled JCrew.  It is fun to "splurge" on something special with my secret envelope.

Susan Branch says "Have nothing in your home that you do not believe to be beautiful or know to be useful."

No comments:

Post a Comment