Tuesday, August 13, 2013

summer movie picks.

Need some entertainment for a lazy summer night?  May I recommend a couple favorites?


No one told me what a beautiful movie "Iron Lady" was.  It is a captivating depiction of Margaret Thatcher's life, told through memories of an aging Mrs. Thatcher.  Meryl Streep plays the Iron Lady and I had to keep reminding myself that I was not watching the former Prime Minister herself.   I realized that I loved Margaret Thatcher's politics, and admired her strength of character more than I realized.  This movie is also a touching love story.

"The Intouchables" is one of the best movies I have seen in years.  It is a French film (with subtitles) based on a true story about an eccentric French aristocrat who is also a wheelchair-bound quadriplegic.  He hires an ex-con from the projects to be his personal aide, and the adventures begin.  The story of their friendship is exciting, funny and touching.  It will leave you feeling good.

No comments:

Post a Comment