Monday, January 14, 2013

give credit where credit is due.


I am about to share a quirky thing about Mother Rabbit...

I will not leave my theater seat until every last credit has run on the big screen.   I enjoy this private "space" to absorb the movie I have just enjoyed.   But more importantly, I feel like I am thanking and honoring the people who labored to make the production a reality by quietly viewing the names on the screen.  It is mind boggling to grasp what a team effort a movie production is.

AND there are often surprises and sweet somethings hidden in the credits for those who wait.  Sometimes there is even an additional movie clip that comes on after the credits run, leaking a hint about a possible sequel to follow.  Sometimes I have been the only one in the theater (with Mike) to see it!

At the very end of the credits for Les Miserables, director Tom Hooper thanked his parents and grandparents (by name in small letters) for introducing him to musicals.  How marvelous.

Next time you go to the movies, stay for the credits.  It can be a sweet treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment